Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

"Sonnet 292"

The eyes I spoke of once in words that burn,


the arms and hands and feet and lovely face

that took me from myself for such a space

of time and marked me out from other men;


the waving hair of unmixed gold that shone,

the smile that flashed with the angelic rays

that used to make this earth a paradise,

are now a little dust, all feeling gone;


and yet I live, grief and disdain to me,

left where the light I cherished never shows,

in fragile bark on the tempestuous sea.


Here let my loving song come to a close;

the vein of my accustomed art is dry,

and this, my lyre, turned at last to tears

Francesco Petrarch

Summary

So the author speaks of a women who is very beautiful.  he explains what he finds beautiful, and talks of grief he has over the loss of her. she seems to have bveen his everything, and he loves her supposedly. I am not sure how he lost her but he gireves her absence. He says he sings this song for her and cries for this woman.

Music link
http://www.playlist.com/searchbeta/tracks#swim%20(music%20box)/all/1

No comments: